[NTLK] Einstein on E-Ink

M.D. S mdsf001 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 18:09:30 PST 2021

Keep in mind this was done in 2017...
I installed it on the Onyx Book Max (or Max2, can't recall precisely which
I sold in 2018) more as a proof of concept / personal challenge. It ran
Android 6.

Performance was sluggish owing to the processor in the device so it wasn't
ever used for daily use. However as a lover of e-ink devices I do recognize
the potential of such a device running Einstein. Perhaps today's e-ink
readers may fare better. I found performance on my Android phone LG G7 to
be far superior albeit in a much smaller screen.

One pet peeve I do recall was that the trash animation wasn't fluid owing
to the nature of how e-ink works.

Cheers!

Mike