[NTLK] PCMCIA for the brave...

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 03:45:06 PST 2021

Hi Matthias,

> On 13 Feb 2021, at 00:19, Ionos: robowerk.de <m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:
>

> Allrighty everyone. I released a BETA2 v2020.4.9 of Einstein for testing PCMCIA Flash Memory cards (or PC Cards).

You rock! This is so cool that you doing it. I just realised that if you will success with that functions, then we will be able to make copies of not copyable data from our Newtons :)

> The link is as usual http://messagepad.org/Newton_Installs.html . Sorry, no Linux version yet.

I’m testing new functionalities now. Other functionalities seems working fine :)

> Thank to Sylvain and Pawel who have been sending me memory dumps from their Flash cards. I had plenty of data to test with, and most of the Flash cards are now working. The ROM cards are not, but I am sure I will eventually find out what's going on.

I’m happy to provide more card dumps if you need it.

> You can create new cards, or link .pccard files that you previously created, or create .pccard images from aforementioned memory snapshot. Just open the "Settings" dialog and select the "PC Cards" tab. You will find a "+" button to add cards, a "-" cards to remove them from the list, up and down buttons to sort the list, and a "..." button to edit aspects of a selected card.

I can create new card, but when I’m trying to create from snapshot I’m getting window ‘Can’t create Card Image. CIS file is corrupt.’ Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Cheers,
Pawel