[NTLK] What we want on Internal Newton Extension Module by PCBMan :)

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Wed Dec 29 01:44:28 PST 2021

What would be ideal is an offset of the interconnect port on a "contact" connector with also connectors to power the Newton.
This is similar to the discussion about contactless charging, but here, by simply touching the Newton on a hypothetical dock that we could design together.

A bit like on the Watson (Schlumberger's Newton) where there is already this solution, allowing to have several serial ports as well as the power supply deported.

I can make pictures of the additional internal card of the Watsons which is coupled to a specific version of PCMCIA card (which recovers the different communication channels)...

Sylvain Pilet

http://message-pad.net
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 [NPDS Tracker]