[NTLK] MP 2X00: A new kind of Duracell battery?

lordgroundhog at gmail.com lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 07:47:50 PDT 2021

Thought-provoking! I was almost convinced to go with Forrest's Ultra—Optimum, but Frank's Optimum Pro Max Enhanced 2nd Generation or Valerio's Optimum Pro MAX sound like they could be even better.

If I had the time, I'd create the Groundhog Mini-Singularity SuperPower Cell, and take over the battery market, but there are only so many hours in a day.

Seriously (yes, I can do serious too), I think I'll just have to do comparison test runs of the Optimum to see if there's enough of a performance bump to justify the price jump.  I'll report back in a few months when I know something.

I also appreciate the reminder that maybe I should experiment with rechargeables in my battery sled.

A question arises from this:
Are there any warnings I need about rechargeable batteries that aren't good for Newtons (e.g., wrong size for the battery sled or unreliable performance in the Newton)?  I don't want to upset Lady Newton with a poor diet!

Thanks again, everyone.

Shalom,

Christian

"I had to go back and transcribe all of my speech notes from my Newton, which is what I usually use for giving speeches from, because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to read it in this light, so I had to transcribe the notes onto paper. Unfortunately, my Newton is better at reading my handwriting than I am. So, there may be a pause while I try and decipher what I've written."

            -- Douglas Adams

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl