[NTLK] Zoom session for eMate hinge fix
newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Fri Mar 19 11:31:56 PDT 2021
> Perhaps a working zoom session could be held with someone who has
> completed it previously and we could all do it at the same time? A little
> coaching / hand holding might be good?
We could certainly try this, but I think a single session might take too
long. Be aware that there's a fair amount of requirements:
1) You need a Torx 10 screwdriver.
2) You need a Torx 8 screwdriver.
3) You need Phillips screwdrivers in two sizes.
4) You need a halfway decent soldering iron and the skill and the courage to
unsolder and resolder four wires.
5) You need a vice, a drift punch with the correct diameter and a hammer to
disassemble and reassemble the hinges and to rebuild the springs.
6) You need something to straighten the spring legs. A pair of pliers is
only the second best option. I made a special tool for this.
6) You need the correct grease.
7) An ultrasonic cleaner for the hinges isn't absolutely necessary, but
it'll speed things up and improve the result.
If you need to rebuild all four springs, this will take around 2-3 hours if
you know exactly what you're doing.
If any participant of such a meeting gets stuck, we either have to leave him
behind, or the other participants must wait.
-- Newton software and hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de
More information about the NewtonTalk