[NTLK] "System Q" prototype
Grant Hutchinson
splorp at mac.com
Thu Sep 24 09:09:24 PDT 2026
> On Sep 22, 2026, at 10:37 PM, Justin Ried <justin at ried.us> wrote:
>
> Wanted to share another prototype with folks: System Q. This is from the first run of EVT units and uses an ARM 710a CPU, which was replaced by the StrongARM SA-110 CPU in the second run of EVT units.
Just curious about the name “System Q” ... does this actually appear somewhere on the device?
The reason I’m asking is that I also have an EVT “Q” device, but the actual phrase “System Q” doesn’t appear anywhere on the unit.
However, “Q” appears prominently on the back of the device.
https://flickr.com/photos/splorp/12954508315/
> That DVT unit features a label that reads “WARNING: Only use DVT Din9 Adapter (gray) with this unit”
I have a grey Interconnect adapter, but I have yet to test whether the pin connections or other electrical aspects differ from the production adapter.
Slightly more information from the Newton FAQ:
What makes a grey Newton Serial Adapter different from a black one?
https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIA1k
g.
More information about the NewtonTalk
mailing list