[NTLK] eMate as Chat Device ?
Elias Basse
kd5jfe at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:09:18 PDT 2026
I have everything needed to do this and a newton... I may give this a go!
Best Regards,
Elias
On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 12:07 PM Tom <tom+newtontalk at falkensweb.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 June 2026 11:50:11 British Summer Time Abraham Limpo wrote:
> > I briefly explored the idea, some years ago, of housing a pi zero with a
> > dedicated proxy software emulating a modem so we could connect our
> newtons
> > to modern internet but I was not quite good enough with linux scripts to
> > finish the project :/
>
> Yup, this is what was done for Psion's :
>
> https://www.kianryan.co.uk/2022-11-28-psion-sidecar-ppp-modem-and-terminal/[1]
>
> I imagine the exact same set up would work well for Newton if someone
> wanted to have a go.
>
> It was Ryan that was with me at Ogg Camp UK doing the retro-computing talk.
>
> --
> Tom
> MessagePad 110, 2100 owner and, in case it's not obvious, geek.
>
> --------
> [1]
> https://www.kianryan.co.uk/2022-11-28-psion-sidecar-ppp-modem-and-terminal/
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> https://newtontalk.net
> https://bitbang.social/@newtontalk
> https://bsky.app/profile/newtontalk.bsky.social
>
More information about the NewtonTalk
mailing list