[NTLK] Simulating the Newton: new version!

Daniel Parnell me at danielparnell.com
Fri Oct 2 04:44:34 PDT 2026


it is still not as responsive as I would like. Once I have it working 
well I will let the list know. Currently the hand writing recognition is 
a bit wonky.

This may be a result of the port, or it could be that my hand writing is 
so bad that the Newton can't handle it ;)

I'm currently working on getting it to work with the keyboard cover for 
the unit and also to accept touch input as currently it ignores touch 
gestures and only responds to the pen

On 2/10/2026 9:40 pm, Jeff Sheldon wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Beautiful photo to see.  Even at the current stage, how responsive is the unit laying down ink and performing simple actions?
>
>
> -Jeff
>
>> On Oct 2, 2026, at 00:03, Daniel Parnell <me at danielparnell.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have it running on my Remarkable Paper Pro. It's pretty glitchy so far, but it is running!
>>
>> IT LIVES! – Daniel Parnell's Stuff <https://blog.danielparnell.com/?p=446>
>>
>>
>>> On 2/10/2026 6:47 am, Matthias Melcher wrote:
>>>
>>>>> On 1. Oct 2026, at 14:36, Daniel Parnell<me at danielparnell.com> wrote:
>>>> I have pushed to github here: dparnell/newton-re: Reverse Engineering the Newton 2x00 ROM<https://github.com/dparnell/newton-re>
>>> This is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the code!
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> https://newtontalk.net
>>> https://bitbang.social/@newtontalk
>>> https://bsky.app/profile/newtontalk.bsky.social
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> https://newtontalk.net
>> https://bitbang.social/@newtontalk
>> https://bsky.app/profile/newtontalk.bsky.social
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> https://newtontalk.net
> https://bitbang.social/@newtontalk
> https://bsky.app/profile/newtontalk.bsky.social


More information about the NewtonTalk mailing list