[NTLK] Simulating the Newton: new version!
Vladislav Korotnev
vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 00:20:29 PDT 2026
Well, not for many, only until they finally decide it's time to pay back
their trillion dollar debts and jack up the token prices to their actual
costs :P
The technology is fascinating, but everything that's hosted on some
megacorps computer far away is bound to be a rug pull by definition, sadly.
Unfortunately though at those rates independent compute just won't be a
thing in the next decade.
// Ak.R.
iOS/Mac/Windows & Web developer
Vaporwave/ambient producer, sound/video engineer
Genjitsu Gadget Lab Member 001
http://genjit.su
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fgenjit.su&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE8x1vuqw3E4Hjfe9lA59Q23-z36Q>
On Thu, Oct 1, 2026, 16:07 Greg Toffer <gregtoffer at hotmail.com> wrote:
> It is frightening, but it’s also the reality today.
> On the other hand, it means that we can now keep this old devices alive
> for many years, since we don’t need dedicated software (or hardware)
> developers to spend time figure them out, to do what AI can do in an hour
> or less.
>
> Daniele
>
> Il giorno 1 ott 2026, alle ore 06:01, Grant Hutchinson <
> newtontalkmessages at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>
> > On Sep 30, 2026, at 9:51 PM, Daniel Parnell <me at danielparnell.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I set Claude running last week to reverse engineer the whole Newton 2x00
> ROM to the point where I can run pretty much any Newton software I want.
>
> I’m sorry if I sound like a curmudgeon, but this is frightening.
>
> g.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> https://newtontalk.net
> https://bitbang.social/@newtontalk
> https://bsky.app/profile/newtontalk.bsky.social
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> https://newtontalk.net
> https://bitbang.social/@newtontalk
> https://bsky.app/profile/newtontalk.bsky.social
More information about the NewtonTalk
mailing list