[NTLK] Einstein on an M4 iPad Pro

Adam Faircloth fcloth at gmail.com
Wed May 8 12:34:06 PDT 2024

One of my favorite tech gadgets today is the Analogue Pocket, which plays
old Game Boy games.

The display resolution is 1600x1440, which is exactly 10x the original Game
Boy's 160x144 pixels. It's a very pixel dense display at 3.5-inch and 615
ppi.

And it uses all those extra pixels to recreate the characteristics of the
old LCD display. Grid lines, slight drop shadow under each pixel, etc.

I also love HD scalers like the RetroTINK 4K that reproduce the look of old
CRTs, with specific mosaics and bleed/glow for each phosphor to mimic
certain brands like Sony Trinitron. It really captures the feel of the old
hardware.

Anyhow, if anyone ever did this for Newton emulation, I would be so
thrilled. Part of the joy for me with the Newton are those chunky crisp
pixels, bitmap fonts, and the green glow of the backlight.