[NTLK] Help compiling einstein on osx 10.8.5

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Thu Jun 27 05:25:52 PDT 2024

> On 26. Jun 2024, at 11:19, Marisa Giancarla via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> Trying to get this compiled on my osx 10.8.5 iMac. Anyone who can help me to get it working? The one I have now is for later versions of osx...
> Marisa

If you try to compile the FLTK version, you can add a line in the file "CMakeListst.txt" after the "cmake_minimum..." before the "project..." line:

set ( CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.8 )

after adding that line, you can do the usual cmake commands as described in the build instructions (this is untested, but "should work").

If you want to build the macOS version, open Xcode, select the "Einstein" Workspace in the very top left in the project browser. This should give you the global project settings. in the "General" tab, you can change the "Minimum Deployment" pulldown menu to your needs.

I am afraid though that modern CMake only offers to compile for 10.14 and up.

 - Matthias