[NTLK] Chances of Einstein on a Kobo

Tom tom+newtontalk at falkensweb.com
Wed Jun 19 05:01:13 PDT 2024

On Sunday, 2 June 2024 15:33:30 BST Noah Leon wrote:
> I just received a Kobo Libra Colour from my wife, along with the stylus. Of course my first thoughts are, I wonder if I can run Einstein on this?
>
> It seems to run some sort of Linux.

I've had Kobo readers for ages. They are extremely hackable, as you cna just drop a .zip onto them over USB and they'll happily update themselves.

I doubt they are powerful enough to run "desktop class" Linux programs - they are all running heavily optimised QT-based code.

You could ask on the MobileReader forums ?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223[1]

--
Tom
MessagePad 110 owner and, in case it's not obvious, geek.

--------
[1] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223