[NTLK] What was in the Newton Connection Pro Kit?

Michael Sheflin sheflinm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 10:07:40 PDT 2024

There's no indication of it here:

https://ia803407.us.archive.org/33/items/download.info.apple.com.2012.11/download.info.apple.com.2012.11.zip.txt

Also, in this October 12, 1993 PC Mag (
https://books.google.com/books?id=3YYkmZlpAuoC&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=%22newton+connection+kit+pro%22&source=bl&ots=EykMxDEVHB&sig=ACfU3U1n687Ue-K2rf4AJB3Q1sQakDE9hw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj0rtiyn9WGAxVgFVkFHVV1A_0Q6AF6BAgJEAM#v=onepage&q=%22newton%20connection%20kit%20pro%22&f=false
).

And I found a reference here to the Pro and regular kits being combined
into a single package also in 1993 - so if it had an existence it must have
been brief (https://tidbits.com/issues/194/ - "Numerous comments, tips, and
announcements (After Dark, anyone?) fill the first part of this issue. Akif
Eyler’s Easy View wins the 1993 MacUser Shareware Award for Text Tools.
Apple announces the Apple Workgroup Server 95 Tune-Up and combines the
Newton Connection Kit and Connection Pro Kit into a single package.
Finally, I look at Conflict Catcher II, the essential extension manager
that actually catches conflicts.")

There is a Newton software (and Mac and other platforms) server that had
some rare software including a beta of Copland OS. Does anyone recall what
I'm talking about?  I would probably check there.

 The Relatives” brochure and is mentioned in at least one edition of the
Apple Facts booklet.