[NTLK] Sticky MessagePad

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Sat Jul 20 17:36:16 PDT 2024

Oooh, I know this one. Just recently I had the same problem with a pair of binoculars from the same era.

The coating is a rubberized paint that eventually looses its plasticizers and just gets goopy. It happened so often that tech companies just stopped using the coating.

It comes off quite nicely with isopropanol, but you will be left with the raw base plastic.

So, your choice, goopy or black (I think it’s black, I don’t recall).

Andrei from The Great White North