[NTLK] Read Mastodon posts on eMate

David Arnold davida at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 22:58:05 PST 2024

> On 28 Jan 2024, at 00:21, Alexander Shendi via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> I have been reading Mastodon posts (aka toots) on a HP 200LX PDA.

….

…

> I would be grateful for any suggestions how to proceed.

The simplest approach would likely be to use a web browser, with either a specifically written or perhaps even just a generic Web proxy.

IIRC, Mastodon also exposes your “feed” via RSS, which might enable using a generic RSS reader website rather than proxying the Mastodon site itself (which is a bit complicated).

A more “Newtonesque” approach might be to use the inbox.  Write a suitable stationery, and a timer-driven fetcher (perhaps using RSS?) to populate the inbox with new items.

The web-based approach would be heaps easier, of course.