[NTLK] German Apple Newton Message Pad 120

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Wed Jan 3 14:56:13 PST 2024

> I have a German Apple Newton Message Pad 120 that I?ve been led to believe
> I maybe able to swap to an English one. It?s fully boxed and working,
batteries
> in box not device at the moment but it all works fine from what I could
make out
> with the help of Google Lens.

Strictly speaking, all you need to swap is the ROM board, not the whole
Newton. If you want things to be perfect, you can also swap the lid in order
to get the English version of the sticker that's attached to the inside.

Be aware that there are two ROM board versions: Newton OS 1.3 and Newton OS
2.0. If your ROM board has only two chips, it's 1.3. If it has two chips on
each side, it's 2.0.

I could help you both with the lid and the ROM board, but since I'm in
Germany, shipping cost might be an issue unless you live in Europe.

Good luck!

Frank