[NTLK] Dietlog

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Apr 29 16:28:25 PDT 2024

Does anyone know of an equivalent app for desktop and Android of Dietlog?  Or even better, did anyone ever see or get the desktop versions of it?

Dietlog has an interesting history and was even in the first Newton Solutions Guide.  It was by Softcare Clinical Informatics (long gone by the looks).  The first Newton Solutions Guide mentioned several addons including a Fitlog, more foods (5,000), and Diabetic module.  It also says Dietlog fir windows PC was available.  But strangely enough the second edition of the Newton Solutions Guide mentions everything, it also says the desktop version available third quarter 1996 for Mac and Windows.  It was also developed using a clinical research grant.

I have the main Newt app, but have always looked for the Fitlog, more foods, and Diabetic modules.  Not to mention the Windows version of it.  So far without any luck.

It is a great app/package, and I wish I could find something similar on modern systems that didn't cost a fortune, require internet, or subscription.  I love the customization features.  You could add your own foods and make menus to add whole meals/groups of foods you ate in one tap.  It is really fast/easy to use.  It might take a few minutes to add foods that are not in its database, but that doesn't take long.

-Dan