[NTLK] Kopf hoch

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Tue Apr 16 03:41:53 PDT 2024

> Is ?Kopfhoch? (Heads up) a Newton song? I mean, there is the mention of a
smartphone ...

No, it's not. This song was inspired by an experience I had when I was
driving home from work on the Autobahn a couple of years ago. A car passed
my car with high speed (I estimated around 160 km/h). The driver had a
newspaper placed on the steering wheel. His left hand held a smartphone he
was talking into. A big bowl of French fries was placed on the Newspaper,
from which he picked fries with his right hand. No hand held the steering
wheel. The guy had his eyes alternatively on his smartphone and on the bowl
of fries. During the time he passed me, he didn't look even once through the
windshield. So I thought the only way to prevent idiots like that from
killing innocent people is by using music. Back then I dreamed of radio
stations playing this song through his radio, but admittedly the song isn't
good enough yet for a radio station to be willing to play it. For example,
it urgently needs a bridge, and overall it's far too long.

The chorus "Kopf hoch" means "head up", roughly translated to "keep your
bloody eyes on the street and your hands on the steering wheel, since you're
currently moving your two ton weapon in public road traffic"...

Cheers

Frank