[NTLK] [OT] Vintage Mac stuff giveaway / cheap

Michael Blazer michael.blazer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:46:53 PDT 2024

Hi all, especially those in the Toronto / Southern Ontario area.

I have reached that stage of life called “decumulation”.  I have boxes of vintage (ok, old!) Mac-related stuff and I would like to find a good home for it.  I’m happy to give it away but the catch is you’d have to pick it up from me in Toronto.  Strong preference given to someone who’ll just take it all.

I don’t have the free time right now to catalog it exactly, but here’s a link to some photos:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/06bNOJUs4zr1A66M3RMN2Jnww

Highlights include:

ethernet card for Mac Color Classic
Sony CD-ROM (SCSI) drive for those early PowerBooks that didn’t have optical drives
Cool poster
MIDI interface
working Beige G3 with ethernet & USB installed, running 10.2.8 and OS9 in Classic environment, plus matching LCD monitor and keyboard/trackpad combo

In addition, I have two (2) _backlit Mac Portables_ with 4MB RAM, original Apple carrying cases, batteries (needing rebuild), 1 temporary makeshift battery, 1 SCSI drive adapter kit, 2 power supplies, 1 battery charger. I believe they are both working except that the hard drives are dubious.  I had one of them working with the temporary battery but I just don’t have time or space to continue the project.  I also have lots of system disks and software for them.

I probably don’t want to give away the Portables since they are going for ridiculous prices on eBay, but I’m open to low offers from Newtontalkers!

If you’re interested, please edit [NTLK] out of your reply subject line for a quicker response, otherwise it’ll get sorted to a mailbox that I don’t check very frequently.

Thanks,
Michael