[NTLK] Emulators on the App Store

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Tue Apr 9 02:55:44 PDT 2024

> On 8. Apr 2024, at 19:21, Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Pinging Matthias, and everyone else who would love to have Einstein emulator in the App Store, could this be good news? Newton has classic games ;-)

Thanks for the link. SO basically we could distribute Einstein for iOS with a built-in list of apps that the user can download. This is great news in itself. A few things that I have not checked yet: how can users install the ROM? (and does anyone/Apple really care?) I know we can include a list of downloadable games/apps, so that is fine (at the same level that Unna is fine). 5.2.5 was a reason for rejection a decade ago ("Don’t create an app that appears confusingly similar to an existing Apple product"), but I think they clarified the wording, an should no longer be an issue.

Time permitting, I will shoot a shot at this to see how it goes. Last time I got my rejection, they at least gave detailed reasons.

 - Matthias