[NTLK] eMate battery needed

Erik Jacob erikjacob691 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 06:06:08 PDT 2023

The eMate 300s require a rechargeable battery pack, and those were
discontinued quite some time ago. There are no third-party replacement
packs, either (not that I'm aware of, at least). I ended up acquiring a
battery pack with dead cells from Victor, and I had to re-pack the case
with new cells I bought from Amazon. Against the odds, I was able to
successfully solder the new cells (and the thermistor and connector), and I
have a working battery pack now. Don't remember which guide I used or where
I found it, but there was a pretty good guide about it. When buying the
cells, make sure you get ones that have solder tabs.

--
Erik H. Jacob