[NTLK] PS: Newton Connector

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Wed Sep 13 03:55:36 PDT 2023

> On 13. Sep 2023, at 06:27, Andrei Chichak <newton at chichak.ca> wrote:
>
> Matthias,
>
> You’re talking about the 2 row connector that would go between the motherboard and a custom board that tightly fits inside the case, correct?  Not the connector that hides behind the door on a 2x00? Correct correct?
>
> I’m asking because I bought a box of 300 of those connectors a bunch of years ago. I’ve used a few, given a few to other people on this list, so I likely have about 290 left.
>
> If we’re talking about the same connectors, I’ll go down to my dungeon and pull out the box and give a more accurate accounting, part numbers, pictures etc.
>
> I have little interest in them anymore. I was working on a USB -> FTDI -> interconnect port board, but someone showed interest that I didn’t want to deal with and … and my day job is doing electronics and firmware so a hobby project just looked like too much work and I lost interest.
>
> So, let me know, or if someone else is interested, let me know.

Hi Andrei,

Actually I was talking about the connector in the back, hidden behind the door. The adapters are super hard to get. We are missing a nice USB-C cable that connects to the back, manages serial communication, and charges the device all in one. The plug that I mentioned could solve that, plus some electronics.

With the internal connector, I did the same thing. I ordered 300 of those, the minimum order for Molex to find the dye and make a batch, and made a few PCBs that used them, then later gave quite a bunch of them away, and eventually dropped the remaining tray into some box while moving. 300 is a lot, and they keep popping up in my electronics junk boxes.

Maybe yours can come in handy if we ever (re)develop that internal Wifi modem... .

 - Matthias