[NTLK] PS: Newton Connector

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Tue Sep 12 03:19:26 PDT 2023

It was also mentioned in the video: how can we connect to the Newton Interconnect Port?

The original plug was proprietary and can no longer be ordered from Molex. The pin spacing was common back then, but with today's PCB precision and demand for pins, 1mm pin spacing is not easy to find anymore. It took me quite a while, but I *did* find one single plug that almost fits the MP2x00 port. It needs to be cut in length and does not have a locking machanism, but the number f contacts is ok, and the horizontal gap is good enough to make contact (I tried it out). They are available and not to expensive at around $5. The standard is called PMC Mezzanine, https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2793783.pdf , https://docs.rs-online.com/16ca/0900766b8150e6b9.pdf

A small PCB can be made that makes connecting wires or some electronics easier, and a 3D printed case must be used to prohibit plugging the connector in upside-down and help with the locking.

 - Matthias