[NTLK] Last attempt at ROMs for Einstein, I need your help

Noah Leon noah at moosefuel.media
Sun Sep 3 04:24:10 PDT 2023

Matthias, I assume that even with the source code for Newton it would be a long slog for anyone who wants to compile a modified or improved NewtonOS in the future, but if we have the other things on your wish list (Newton ROMs, emulators in the App Store, Web NewtonOS) we could get workable NewtonOS on devices very quickly and it runs quite well. Is this right?

TLDR For the sake of simple messaging in any kind of video we produce, I would propose we ask Apple for “source code and ROMs.” I think we can take a page from Apple’s marketing book and keep our message very simple and direct (any writers please chime in). Will this ask cover most of what we need? We could…

1) prepare a script & basic instructions on a web page or social media post
2) provide and upload link and promote the page to all Newtdom
3) I could group 3-4 video clips at a time per video, do some basic audio fixing and add title card and end card with petition address
4) Get you some “celebrities” to ask so we can have one in every ask video we make.

Then we can distribute the videos on the Love Notes to Newton Youtube channel AND socials like Facebook, X-Twitter, mailing lists and forums.

I don’t know if we will be able to achieve Apple-like production quality but we could make something pretty slick.