[NTLK] The elusive 11MB MessagePad memory upgrade

Grant Hutchinson newtontalkmessages at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 11:02:00 PDT 2023

During last weekend’s Global Newton Users Meetup (GNUM), there was some discussion about expanding the internal memory of MessagePad 2x00 devices, referencing the infamous DVT unit that sported a whopping 11MB of Flash RAM.

https://flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/259298109/

As promised, I pulled out my collection of MessagePad 2x00 DVT and EVT prototypes to check whether any of them had the elusive extra memory installed. Sadly, none of them had anything other than the standard 1MB or 4MB configurations.

However, one of the DVT units does have a non-standard 2.1 ROM installed ... (F1-003)-1

Photo: http://splo.me/bv

g.