[NTLK] [ANN] Newton FAQ - October 23rd Update

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 14:58:22 PDT 2023

Yipes!

I just realized that it’s been over a year since I sent out an update regarding the Newton FAQ.

(You can also consider this a gentle reminder that the FAQ still exists and is updated continually by yours truly.)

Here are a few of the recent highlights:

* Added the question “How do I disassemble my Newton device?”

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB11

* Added the question “How do I stop packages from activating when I insert a storage card?”

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIC6

* Added the question “Where can I find stories about the Newton?”

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-community.html#IVD3

* Added the question “Are there any search engines I can access using a Newton?”

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-software.html#VD6

* Added the question “Why don’t Newton Books rotate when I change screen orientation?”

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-books.html#VIA6

* Added an “RSS” section to “What internet software is available?”

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-software.html#VD2i

* Added a “Source Code” section to the “Development” page.

https://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-development.html#VIID

A full list of changes can be found here:

http://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-history.html

Feedback is always welcome and I’d like to thank Frank Gründel for sending in a bunch of corrections and suggestions after last month’s Global Newton Users Meetup. Thanks, Frank!

g.