[NTLK] Tibet plus Epson = Love

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Mon Oct 2 09:08:47 PDT 2023

> On Oct 2, 2023, at 9:25 AM, Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Someone near me is selling an Epson PhotoPC 850z from the very early 2000s, it has a serial connection. I see it’s not listed on the supported cameras for Tibet (the Newton digital camera software) but what do you think the chances are that it will work OK? It’s only a year too late or so to be included on the list:

As noted in the Newton FAQ, Daniel Padilla reported that a camera must use Sierra Imaging firmware and have a serial port to work with Tibet software.

http://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIB9

The 850z is listed as compatible with Sierra Imaging’s “Image Expert” system, along with most of the other Tibet compatible cameras:

<https://web.archive.org/web/20000619203839/http://sierraimaging.com/support/supchimgex.html>

I think it would be worth a try.

The 850z is likely not listed by either Andreas or the FAQ as compatible because no one ever confirmed whether it worked with Tibet or not.

g.