[NTLK] [ANN] ICS Newton software now on GitHub

Larry Yaeger larry.yaeger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:13:39 PST 2023

You're on a Mac running Sonoma, right Craig?  What do you get when you type 'echo $PATH' and 'python3 --version' and 'ls -l /usr/bin/python3'?

My shell is probably invoking the Framework pythons because I mess with my PATH.

I really can't see why you'd be having such a problem when no one else is.  I know it seems unlikely to help, but perhaps you could try downloading the script once more?  And if it doesn't help, as a final sanity check, attach the script to an email and I'll compare it to what I downloaded.

Hmm, it's going to be an obnoxious amount of output, but if nothing else helps, try running:

/usr/bin/python3 -v ics-newton-codes.py "ctb"

I can directly compare what you get to what I get, and maybe some early difference in this verbose mode will give us a clue.

You might be able to tell I'm running out of ideas to try to help.

- larryy