[NTLK] Followup: Need info on To Do items rollover

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Wed Mar 15 12:26:52 PDT 2023

> 3am is when the rollover happens.  And I think it turns on even if you
don't have any TODO's in the system.
> And yes it still will be triggered after a brainwipe.  And some have
equated it to the Newton getting up in
> the middle of the night to use the bathroom. :)

That's really weird. I tried to reproduce the rollover as follows:

1) Using the clock, I set time and date to the current time and date.

2) I add both a Date entry and a To Do entry. Both lie 3 days in the future.

3) I change time and date to 2:59am of the next day and switch the eMate
off, expecting that it should turn on in the next minute to do its rollover
thing. I make sure that it is off while it's still 2:59am.

No rollover happens. I even measured the current drawn from the battery,
which would certainly increase at least a tiny bit while the eMate is
actually doing something. Even if whatever it does is done while the display
is turned off.

I'm also a bit puzzled that the display is said to be switched on in the
first place. I mean, what would be the purpose of that if the eMate's lid is
closed! And even if it's NOT closed: The Apple Engineers certainly chose
3:00am because they thought that most people sleep at that time of the day.
So switching the display on would only draw unnecessary power from the
battery and maybe even wake them up.

Be it as it may: What am I doing wrong here? Could it be that this rollover
thing only happens if Eckhart's time/date patch isn't installed?

Weird, really weird...