[NTLK] Is my 2 eMate300 auction too pricy?

eft37 at earthlink.net eft37 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 20 05:15:11 PDT 2023

Hey Tim.

> I'm getting rid of 2 eMate300. Is it too expensive?

I think $500 for the pair is maybe a bit high, but there is is value in the PCBMan upgrade. The fact that the second unit needs work discounts the package. Also, what are the screens like? Bright? By ?nonworking?, does that mean the second unit is dead ... or you just can?t test it properly?

g.

Hi Grant,
Thanks for the input.
I haven't fired up the working one since the post year 2000 patches started coming out. I had no means to do the patches. Then I got a Nokia 770, and shortly after, Android came out and then my beloved Nexus tablet.
I can check the working one sometime over the weekend.
I had gotten a pair of Untested ones boxed plus stuff, and both had that weird screen thing that points to ribbon cable fix. Since there wasn't an easy to get and affordable replacement cable, I took a power supply out, of a box and put the rest in my storage bin. I'd been sharing a power brick with a 2100 (since sold) and that was the main reason I bought the lot of boxed, was if the PDA weren't operational, at least I could have a power brick for the one I had that was.
When I decided to sell recently I swapped out the worst looking hinger, for my best and working one, as I still love the for factor and have been collecting parts to gut and retrofit Raspberry Pi into.
So, I can get the working one out and get video to help sell. I guess that's a longwinded way of saying I can't test the other, or I'd rather not attempt more with it vs my probably 17 year old diagnosis.
Assuming someone is getting a decent working machine and a parts machine with potential to become working with some repairs, how much over inflated am I in your opinion?

For sure I would love to sell to a community member and if you're interested (not Grant specifically, but you the lurker), just throw me a offer on the eBay and put Newtontalk in the comment section, and I will work with you.

Thanks all,

Tim