[NTLK] UNNA Status [Was: New UNNA & mirre torrents]

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Feb 12 17:59:39 PST 2023

On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 9:56 AM Grant Hutchinson via NewtonTalk
<newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:

> > On Feb 9, 2023, at 1:13 AM, Marisa Giancarla via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
> >
> > I created a new set of unna.7z & mirrors.7ztorrent pointing to many new trackers. So if you want to download UNNA and the site mirrors just go here: https://newtoncity.org/index.php/downloads/category/16-torrents needed as the offical site is having issues...
>
> Thanks, Marisa!

Yes, thank you, Marisa! And, my sincerest for the long downtime, everyone.

> I’ve been in contact with Morgan about the status of the UNNA site.
>
> It’s an ongoing issue with the dynamic DNS solution that was being used for his servers and is taking far more time to resolve than originally anticipated. He indicated that he might be able to fix the issue this weekend.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and bringing everyone into
the loop, Grant! Unfortunately, I didn't even realize it was down as
long as it was because it was working within my own network, then took
a while to determine why dynamic DNS wasn't working. (Ironically, my
dynamic DNS service expired because my IP address hasn't actually
changed in years. Doh!)

I have made progress this weekend, but haven't yet completed all the
necessary software upgrades and dynamic DNS migrations. I'll let you
all know when it's back up and running.

> Fingers crossed.

I kept my fingers crossed too, but I think it slowed down my typing,
so I'll leave that up to the rest of you going forward.

On a related note, my little green friend (MP2100) was dusted off,
screen cleaned, fresh AAs installed, and returned to a prominent and
-- more importantly -- accessible place on my desk just a day prior to
Grant reaching out. So, while I'm not sure what will come of them,
thoughts had already been rattling around in my cranium.

I sincerely hope all are well, or at least as well as can be these days.

--
Morgan
---