[NTLK] Einstein for Android...

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Tue Aug 29 12:34:48 PDT 2023

tl;dr: my Android port is not very well written, but may still work. Link below.

My Android skills are limited. I came up with this here: http://www.messagepad.org/Newton_Install_Android.html . Not sure if any of this i still valid. It should be possible to add SDL2 support for Einstein which would make it run on many more platforms like Android, Raspberry Pi directly in the frame buffer, and much more: https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL2/Installation . Emscripten is interesting because it would allow Einstein to run at full speed inside any modern browser using WebAsm. But I am afraid I don't have the patience anymore to figure all that out.

Maybe someone at https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary is up for such a challenge, which then also plays along with the ROM license question and the Computer History Museum https://computerhistory.org/ and their success with the Lisa source code, as suggested in the other thread.

But here I am rambling on.