[NTLK] Last attempt at ROMs for Einstein, I need your help

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Sun Aug 27 04:40:53 PDT 2023

Thanks to Noah and his awesome movie full of Love Notes, the Newton just gained some attention again. I would love to use this opportunity for a last stab at getting permission from Apple to use the ROM with Einstein. Life with the emulator would be so much easier. We could even have a webasm version of Einstein that runs in any modern browser, maybe even have a special permission for the App Store. Any additional resources, documentation, source code fragment, would also really help!

While this will by no means change the world of computing, it would help Apple to reference a great piece of history that they created many years ago, and in the end was probably much more of an inspiration to create the iPhone than most people know.

Anyway, I am German, and my English is good enough for coding, but it is by no means good enough to write a petition to Tim Cook and whoever else could be solicited with this quest. Can anyone in this community, or the community as a whole, write such a letter?

Once we have something in writing with hopefully a lot of signatures, I am sure that we find a way to deliver the mail.

Thanks,

 - Matthias