[NTLK] eMate 300 vs storage cards

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Aug 24 13:46:48 PDT 2023

Yes that is a odd one that it would reboot upon inserting a SRAM card.  I have used several brands of SRAM and even a 2mg one on a 120, 130 and 2100.  Not a eMate though, but software wise they aren't that different so it should be the same as a 2100.  Does the SRAM card work in another device okay?  Was the data on it intact?  Some SRAM cards have a rechargeable backup battery or a sizeable capacitor.  If these backup systems (to keep your memory perserved while you change the main battery in the card) are dead, it might be the sudden extra power draw was enough for restart the Newt.  Or the warning it is supposed to give out when the main batteries are low or dead threw the Newton for a loop.  Although it shouldn't, unless the card is far from standard.

-Dan