[NTLK] OMP AAA battery module worth saving?

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Wed Aug 23 16:32:52 PDT 2023

On 8/22/2023 11:56 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an OMP AAA battery module but it has old batteries in it which are corroded.
>
> I don't really have time, energy, or hazmat equipment for refurbishing this.
>
> My question is whether these battery modules for OMP are anywhere near as rare/sought after as the AA battery sleds for 2000/2100, and whether there are people clamoring for them.  My sense is 'no'.
>
> Thanks
> Tim J
They are harder to find than the ones for the 2x00 I think.  And while I understand the lack of time and energy in cleaning up the sled, it shouldn't require hazmat equipment.  White vinegar (assuming alkaline batteries here), Q-tips, water, a little  isopropyl alcohol for the final once-over cleaning should do it.  Oh and a pair of disposable gloves.  Although if you are careful, this is optional (although if the corrosion is really bad, more on the side of mandatory).  I would also cover the work area in disposable material (several layers of paper towels is what I use).  Unless it is really bad, it shouldn't take long.

Sadly I have had to clean up quite a few things over the years due to batteries leaking.  On the good side, none of them have been my Newtons.

-Dan