[NTLK] Bootstrapped 2000

Grant Hutchinson splorp at mac.com
Mon Aug 14 10:40:36 PDT 2023

Hey Chris.

Sounds like you have a perfect storm of problem between your two devices.

Here are a couple of things I came up with to try.

> I’ve tried to connect it via TCP/IP on Ethernet to my iMac running NCX but it seems to run out of memory during the connection process and have to be reset.

What version of NCX are you running?

> So, in comes my MessagePad 130 which unfortunately has a dead PC Card slot. I’ve tried two different cards and the 130 doesn’t even know they’re there.

Have you tried cleaning the PC card slots with compressed air? There may be some lint or other gunk causing an issue with the physical slot contacts.

> I’ve also tried beaming between the 130 and 2000 and keep getting ‘bad connection’ issues at the beginning of the transfer.

What have you tried beaming? Just packages? If so, maybe try beaming something smaller such as a contact or simple note and see of the same error occurs.

g.