[NTLK] eMate DRAM and Flash Upgrades [Androda]

Jacob [Androda] ntlk at androda.work
Fri Apr 14 13:50:30 PDT 2023

I can understand the need for a new USB to serial cable that works with
Newton and eMate.  It's something I had hoped to look at way back when
designing the 2x00 internal serial module.  Never got around to it, due
to time constraints from BlueSCSI.

Speaking of the 2x00 internal serial module, yields on this are
incredibly low.  I assembled 6 yesterday and only one of them even works
at all (and not correctly, at that).  I'll have to re-solder all the
connections again to see if this fixes the issues. Dangers of using new
old stock chips.

-Jacob [Androda]