[NTLK] NewtonScript question: How to restart the Application from within the application

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sat Mar 12 16:19:29 PST 2022

Hi gang,

in order for a language change to take effect, NewtTest needs to be closed
and reopened. It's pretty easy to close it programmatically as follows:

     getRoot().(kAppSymbol):close();

But it would be cool if there was a way to reopen it automatically once it
has been closed. Of course this could be done via

     getRoot().(kAppSymbol):open();

but NewtTest can't do this because it is currently closed. So I'd need a way
for NewtTest to tell getRoot() to not only close it, but to reopen it
afterwards.

I've been perusing the usual Newton programming documentation, but didn't
find anything. Which isn't overly surprising, since I'm an expert in not
finding NewtonScript-related information...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank