[NTLK] Need help with store parts

Matej Horvat matej.horvat at guest.arnes.si
Tue Mar 1 10:58:41 PST 2022

On Tue, 01 Mar 2022 14:42:43 +0100, Matthias Melcher
<m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:

>> On 1. Mar 2022, at 03:25, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I kind of
>> HAD to decide it, after my brand spankin' new Custom Part, when
>> installed on
>> my Newton, reported the error "Part type not registered", and my
>> thousands
>> of pages of Apple's documentation didn't describe if, and how, one can
>> register a part type.
>
> Not sure if that was ever implemented. You have Application, Book, Auto,
> Store, and Stream available.

I don't know either, but one use of the "custom part" functionality is to
create parts that NTK doesn't have built-in support for. See:

http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/developer/Articles/BitParts.rtf
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/Bowels/Dictionary_Parts.txt

Besides those, there's also "ptch" for system updates, and that's all I
know of.