[NTLK] Putting multiple parts into one package

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Tue Mar 1 05:11:22 PST 2022

> On 28. Feb 2022, at 19:53, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
>> You can put multiple parts into one package.
>
> This seems, at least in my case, to work only theoretically.

> According to the NTK documentation, you can include packages into other packages. According to the same documentation you can also influence where in the final package your new part ends up by moving it up and down in your project window.

Yes. That works in NTK 1.6.4. Packages must be generated with the same package settings to be included in the main package. They can be added with [Project > Add File...]. Package position can be changed by activating any item in the project files list and using [Project > Process earlier] and [Project > Process later]. The Cmd-"-" shortcut works, but Cmd-"+" does not work in my emulation.

> Maybe the NTK documentation is wrong here. Or I'm simply too stupid. In case
> it's important, I'm using NTK version 1.6.1.

On Classic Mac, 1.6.4 is the last and latest version. It has some bug fixes and a few new features.

 - Matthias