[NTLK] [ANN] Newton FAQ - January 20th, 2022 Update

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Mon Jan 24 10:37:18 PST 2022

> On Jan 24, 2022, at 11:24 AM, Sylvain Pilet <sylvain at pilet.net> wrote:
>
> Besides, I was wondering, what is the total weight of the latest release of the new FAQ in plain text?

Approximately 242 KB without any links exposed.

To be a useful reference, any URLs would have to be pulled out of the HTML and placed next to the link text itself.

Another approach would be to use Newt’s Cape to export a Newton Book directly from the web pages. I’m not sure what this method would do to the package size.

If the Change History section is removed, the plain text size is reduced to approximately 180 KB.

g.