[NTLK] Finally can talk about it......

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Fri Jan 7 10:25:08 PST 2022

> On 7. Jan 2022, at 15:03, Michael Rebar <michael.rebar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Months of issues that derailed my learning to code on Newton have been resolved!
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleNewton/comments/ry7qwk/problems_with_newtonsalescom_do_not_recommend/

Very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately not unsurprising. Reminds me of the time where he claimed that he alarmed the local police department to arrest me because I would not return a sample in time that he wante me to reverse engineer for free.

I hope you will have a chance now to get into development. If you are insterested in NewtonScript, you can get a start on the Einstein emulator which includes a tiny builtin developer environment: http://messagepad.org/Newton_Installs.html#Windows

If you want to go the C/C++/ARM route, you can used the developer setup for Classic MacOS on BasiliskII: http://www.unna.org/view.php?/development/NewtonDev

If you don;t want the hassle with MPW on Classic MacOS, you can either emulate MPW and all Newton tools (compile, assembler, linker) using mosrun: https://github.com/MatthiasWM/mosrun

Last option I want to suggest: certain versions of the gnu compiler and assembler can crosscompile for the ARM SA110, but I don;t remeber which one exactly :-)

Either way, enjoy!

 - Matthias