[NTLK] "Mobile" power supply for eMate 300

Vladislav Korotnev vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:37:36 PDT 2022

I have seen some sort of a cable that has a Type-C jack on one end and a
barrel plug on the other, on websites like Aliexpress.
You would need to have a Type-C Power Delivery capable powerbank, though,
as well as somehow making sure to not change the output voltage of the
cable by accident while the eMate is plugged in.

Additionally, the eMate might draw not enough current by modern standards,
so the powerbank might shut down, thinking it's not connected to anything.
Overall — YMMV :-)

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 2:27 AM Alexander Shendi <Alexander.Shendi at web.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> to be clear: I *do* have a power supply that works perfectly, when I have
> access to a wall socket. I'm looking for an alternative when I'm on the
> road.
>

> Am 22. August 2022 16:43:10 MESZ schrieb Nic Malone via NewtonTalk <
> newtontalk at newtontalk.net>:
> >Just don’t use a power supply from a HP Jornada 720 like I did on my
> MP2100! In my defence, it was late, it was dim lighting, both adapters look
> similar and both have the Sam barrels. Not the same voltage though. Pop!
> Puff. Dead.
> >
> >All my power adapters are now well labelled!
> >
> >Nic

// Ak.R.

iOS/Mac/Windows & Web developer
Vaporwave/ambient producer, sound/video engineer

Genjitsu Gadget Lab Member 001
http://genjit.su
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fgenjit.su&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNE8x1vuqw3E4Hjfe9lA59Q23-z36Q>