[NTLK] eMate 300 upgrades for sale?

Tim eft37 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 9 12:22:29 PDT 2022

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 15:42:14 -0600
From: Grant Hutchinson
To: NewtonTalk List
Subject: Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 upgrades for sale?

> On Aug 5, 2022, at 4:20 PM, Han wrote:
>
> Was curious if there are any folks looking to get rid of any flash
> card and/or memory upgrades for the eMate 300.

I have a memory upgrade from one of MrPCBMan's last runs.
Odds are it has @2 hours on it total, I gave up on Newton but am planning on gutting an eMate300 for a Raspberry PI retrofit.
I have "my good eMate" clean, functional (when last used in the late 90s) with the MrPCBMan card installed. Probably needs the ribbon cable fix.
Plus 2 boxed spares, one for sure has ribbon cable damage, the other will need the fix. Some manuals, etc. I shared one power supply with the 3.
I could be coaxed out of the "good one" and one of the others, for the right price.
I remember being unable to do the y2k patch and becoming frustrated and moving into a Palm and then a Nokia 770.
I'm in the USA.
-Tim