[NTLK] NewtonScript example code?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Aug 7 15:50:23 PDT 2022

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 5:29 PM Grant Hutchinson <grant at splorp.com> wrote:

> >> Dipping my toes into Newton development with NTK, but was looking for example code to work from. I have some official documentation at https://newtondev.newtoncity.org/ in the download area, but was hoping someone had some code of a fleshed-out app I can work from...
> >
> > Pretty much everything and anything NewtonScript (including sample code) can be found here:
> >
> > http://newtonscript.org/
>
> Also, the Newton FAQ has links to other sources, such as Paul Guyot’s Newton Bowels Project.
>
> http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/Bowels/
>
> Where can I find sample code?
>
> http://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-development.html#VIIC1

In addition to all of Grant's aforementioned resources and since
you're looking for some full-fledged apps to look at, I'd suggest
looking at:

Eckhart Koeppen's newton packages such as Courier
<https://40hz.org/Pages/Courier>, IC/VC <https://40hz.org/Pages/ICVC>,
Project80 <https://40hz.org/Pages/Project80>, and FlashPoint
<https://40hz.org/Pages/newton/packages/flashpoint>.

Also, the source for most of Adam Tow's excellent applications are
available on his Newton page <https://tow.com/projects/newton/>, plus
I believe he has uploaded source to <http://www.unna.org/incoming/> as
well. Especially: AlarmClock, HyperNewt, Mapper, nBattleship, and
newtToDo.

I know there's a bunch of source randomly scattered throughout the
UNNA archives too, but currently that takes some exploring. A good
place to start is searching <http://www.unna.org/unna/unnalisting.txt>
for "source".

I look forward to hearing what you produce and what questions you have
along the way!

--
Morgan
---