[NTLK] Dongle destroyer

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Mon Apr 11 14:08:00 PDT 2022

> The Newton Interconnect port requires an adapter (also known as a dongle
destroyer?)

Since Grant has always known more about Newtons than I ever will, I've
briefly contemplated not writing this post at all. Being the
self-opinionated nitpicker that I am, though, I decided to write it anyway.
Obviously, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this...

Wasn't the dongle destroyer something that was made in order to connect your
Newton without that stupid dongle? I dimly remember a standard Mini-Din
serial port installed next to the Newton's Interconnect Port that's
internally connected by a couple of thin wires soldered to the mainboard?

Puzzled...

Frank