[NTLK] How do I get (additional) software onto MP 2100

Alexander Shendi Alexander.Shendi at web.de
Thu Apr 7 12:14:03 PDT 2022

Dear list,

So I've succumbed to temptation and bought a MessagePad 2100 with NewtonOS 2.1 and german localisation.

The device came with a power supply, the pen and nothing else, but appears to work. It also has a rechargable battery pack, which, alas, is dead.

There seems to be a (proprietary?) connector at the top of the device, but I don't have any cable or adapter.

So what would be the best procedure to connect the MP 2100 to the outside world. I have a D-Link D-660 PCMCIA ethernet card, but I think it won't work without additional drivers.

I also would like to know, if and where I could
purchase an ordinary battery pack (4xAA)?

So I would be grateful for any suggestions. Many thanks in advance.

-- Alexander