[NTLK] 2000 not switching on

Alan Grassia alan.grassia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 16:57:48 PDT 2021

Hello Rob and Newton Friends,

Rob, did you also try the long press reset on your MP2x00?  From the NewtonFAQ (http://newtonfaq.com/newton-faq-hardware.html#IIC6a)

For the MP2000 and MP2100, press and hold the reset button for over twenty seconds. This is a special reset sequence for these machines.

After letting my MP2000 sit for about 24 hours with power, batteries, and PC Cards removed, I plugged in my 4x AA batteries, loaded the battery try, plugged in the power brick, and then just held the Reset button on the back of my Newton for 20-25 seconds.  In my case, this reset worked the two times I couldn't power up my device.

Hope this helps to get your Little Green Guy going again!

Cheers,
Alan Grassia

OMP, MP 2000, MP 2100, eMate 300

Website: http://blog.smartphonefanatics.com