[NTLK] Deleted recurring task still recurring!

Forrest Buffenmyer newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 16 21:16:15 PDT 2021

I’ve been plagued with recurring To-Do tasks that I CANNOT delete. I have tried everything I can think of—hours spent deleting by hand close to 200 of these, which is the same one over and over and over, etc. But they persist, and just keep replicating. There are several apps that presume to do this, but none of them worked. This has been going on for about 8-10 years now. There is some kind of a bug at work, here.
I wiped the Newton and carefully restored it, hoped somehow it would not include the bug. I did this a few times. It didn’t work.
I don’t want to start over completely, as I’ve been using this MP2100 for almost 10 years. It knows my handwriting style VERY well, and I would lose all that.
The solution, as it turns out, is so simple and obvious it’s actually almost amusing. I found it by searching the MARC archives on NewtonTalk.net, and am including it here, for posterity, and in case anyone else has a Newt that develops this issue.