[NTLK] eMate 300 Expansion Module

DXH dxh at woh.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 10:36:36 PDT 2021

Hi Stephan,

Although the Pinout is the same, IS41LV16105D-50TLI will not work for a couple of reasons:

1/ This part has a 1k refresh. You need a 4K refresh.
For a 1Mb x 16 DRAM, 1k refresh needs 10/10 (row/column) and 4K needs 12/8.

2/ This part is FPM (Fast Page Mode). You need EDO (Extended Data Out).
The two are very similar. Both support FPM but the EDO part maintains the data even after CAS
(Column Address Strobe) is de-asserted which is faster because the microprocessor doesn’t have to worry that data is not valid on the bus and can do other things in the meantime.

The flashing screen is an indicator of a memory problem.

And this all assumes that the board is correctly connected. I haven’t looked at the Gerbers you posted but I assume it matches your schematic. BTW, if you make the symbols functional vs. absolute, it makes it easier to read. For example, grouping the address, data and control lines makes for a more readable schematic and helps with troubleshooting.

51W16165LTT6 is the chip you need but it is obsolete now. You could use a salvaged part from a 2100 motherboard or see if you can source some from China however, the risk of getting a counterfeit part is high.

You can do the same for the Flash chip too.

Have fun,

PCBman

Sent from my iPad